- Course materials;
- Child care; and
- Technology or other resources needed for online coursework. Eligibility
- The CARES Act requires students who receive the grants to meet Title IV federal financial aid eligibility requirements, as determined by a completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the 2019-20 academic year. According to guidance provided by the U.S. Department of Education, applicants also must have been enrolled in classes as of March 2020 before COVID-19. To be eligible for the grants, students must meet the following requirements:
- Filed a FAFSA for the current 2019-2020 academic year; before COVID-19;
- Have a valid social security number;
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- If male, be registered for U.S. Selective Service;
- Have a high school diploma or GED or have completed high school in an approved homeschool setting;
- Making satisfactory academic progress;
- Not in default on a federal student loan; and
- Have been enrolled Cosmetology & Hair Design and South Hills Beauty Academy & North Hills Beauty Academy as of March 2020 .
CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Disclosure
- South Hills Beauty Academy signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement as well as the assurance that it has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that our institution will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid is $87,671.00 that will be shared with Branch campus, North Hills Beauty Academy.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission is 50% of the total received $43,836.00 that will be shared equally with North Hills Beauty Academy for emergency student grants.
- The estimated total number of students at the institutions who are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 34.
- The total number of students at who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 32.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is described as:
- The grant will be equally distributed to students enrolled in an eligible Title IV program who were not on leave of absence prior to closure and converting to distance learning.
Learn More About Tuition Assistance:
Our schools participate with:
• Federal Direct Loan
• Federal Pell Grant (Cosmetology & Hair Design only)
• Pittsburgh Promise
• Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)
• Career Link ( only select programs qualify)
• Veterans GI BILL
• My CAA
NET PRICE CALCULATOR: This calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost (price) of attendance – including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses – minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.—- Find Our Net Price Calculator Here —–
Take The Next Step
Call our admissions representative to schedule a tour of the facilities and ask questions about financial aid.
• Call (412) 561-3381 now to Schedule a personal tour with an admissions Representative
• We offer assistance in the application process for Financial Aid and Student Loans to those who qualify!
Interested in applying for Financial Aid?
Complete Your FAFSA
Visit https://fsaid.ed.gov and apply for your FSA profile (if Dependent), under 24 years old, a parent will also need to apply for a separate FSA profile unless you at married or have dependents. Conditions for Dependent Student: a student that does not meet any of the following criteria: at least 24 years old, married, a veteran, a member of the armed forces, an orphan, a ward of the court, someone with legal dependents other than a spouse, an emancipated minor or someone who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. These students are considered Independent.
Once you have your Profile is completed, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the FAFSA. Our school can assist you with the FAFSA Application process. Please call us once you have completed this process and schedule an appointment for further assistance in the loan process.
Access the https://www.studentloans.gov site to complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling.
Federal Direct Student Loans
Federal direct student loans are available to all students who have not declared bankruptcy, defaulted on an existing loan or who have not exceeded their student loan eligibility.
Federal Direct Student Loans awards are income based and require repayment. Payments begin 6 months after graduation or upon withdraw. Interest rates and terms are set according to Federal mandate. The average monthly payments for a student loan are very reasonable, making the Federal Direct Student Loan a great way to finance your education.
Parent Plus Loans
What is a parent plus loan?
Parent Plus loans are a means for parents to help their children more easily afford professional career training. PLUS loans go into repayment immediately and accrue interest according to Federal Education Loan guidelines. Parents can request as much or as little as is needed up to cost of attendance to assist their students with supplemental funding. PLUS loans are low interest education only loans.
Pell Grant (Eligible for Cosmetology & Hair Design ONLY)
About Pell Grants
Once your FAFSA is completed an EFC( Expected Family Contribution) number is determined. This will determine your grant eligibility.
Gainful Employment and Tuition Information 18/19 award year information
- GREAT CLIPS SCHOLARSHIPS:
greatclipscareers.com/scholarships (accepting applications January 15th- September 1st)
- SPORTS CLIPS SCHOLARSHIPS:
- OPI SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! Please visit this website to see if you qualify!
Scholarship Info And Application Cosmetology
- ESTHETICIAN SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE TO ENROLLED STUDENTS!
http://www.ncea.tv/scholorships-grants for more information.
- BEAUTY CHANGES LIVES SCHOLARSHIPS (BCL) https://beautychangeslives.org/scholarships
COLLEGE NAVIGATOR WEBSITE
This website allows you to look up various schools in your area and view their admissions information, financial aid information, graduation/retention rates, accreditation information, etc.
VOTER REGISTRATION-All schools are required to disclose to students information on how students can register to vote in the State of Pennsylvania.
Our school receives federal funds so we observe CONSTITUITION DAY SEPTEMBER 17th
About VA Benefits
VA awards are service earned benefits that vary in dollar amount and distribution method. VA benefits are a gift and do not require repayment. Students using VA benefits to fund their education should meet with an Academy Admissions Officer to determine their level of eligibility.
PA FORWARD https://www.pheaa.org
Supplemental Loan Information
Helping you cover the costs of college is exactly why the PA Forward Student Loan Program was established.
- Borrow up to 100% certified cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room, board, books, etc.)
- Low minimum loan amount: $1,500
- No pre-payment penalty
The PA Forward Student Loan is a loan designed specifically for students enrolled or plan to be enrolled at least half-time in a Title IV approved degree, certificate, or diploma granting program. This loan is meant for:
- Students from an approved state (MD, NJ, DE, NY, VA, and OH) attending an approved PA school
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents
Ask about our NEW Payment option! We participate with TFC to make our courses more affordable. Interest rates do apply!( This option may require a down payment or co-signer)