COURSE INFORMATION AND ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTATION
Here is the information for you to review and complete to help kick-start your educational journey-
SCHEDULE A TOUR OF OUR FACILITIES
South Hills and North Hills Beauty Academy are currently taking appointments to tour our facilities so you can get to know a little more about us and see what we can offer you.
Please contact us to arrange a time and date!
On the tour, you can expect to learn about:
- OUR PROGRAMS
- OUR STUDENT SALON AND SPA
- MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS AND OBSERVE CLASSES IN SESSION
- FINANCING OPTIONS
READY TO ENROLL?
Schedule today to begin the enrollment process!
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED equivalent, driver’s license, social security card and $75.00 Enrollment fee is required at the enrollment appointment.
- If applying for Financial Aid : Prior to coming into the office for your appointment, please prepare for the Financial Aid Interview by visiting www.fsa.ed.gov to create an FSA ID#If you are under 24 years of age a separate FSA ID# for one of your parents is also required
If you have any questions regarding our courses or enrollment process, please feel free to get in touch! We’re here to help!
Have a great day,
Office:412-561-3381 Ext 10
Text only: 412-551-9207
Please feel free to contact me as soon as possible so that we can arrange a date and time for your tour!
You can reach me by:
Phone: 412-561-3381 ext. 15
Career in Beauty
Our School Rates
Graduation Rate: 95.83%
Licensure Exam Passing Rate: 100%
Placement Rates: 81.37%
49 Years of Experience… We Are the Right School for You!
Why Choose Us?
- Experienced Instructors
- Newly Renovated Classrooms
- Workshops and Volunteering
- Educational Partnerships
- Product Knowledge & Retail Experience
- Advanced Techniques and Instruction
Job growth among barbers, cosmetologists, and other personal appearance workers is projected by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics to grow 13% faster than the average for all occupations from now through 2026. Translation: Even in tough economic times, there will be job opportunities. People always want to look great!
Let Us Help You Achieve Your Goals
Considering a career in the cosmetology industry?
- You must make a commitment to the educational process and yourself to complete school.
- Must have good finger dexterity and a sense of artistry.
- Enjoy dealing with the public and be able to listen to a client’s directions.
- Be observant of the latest fashions and beauty techniques to better serve your clientele.
- Must be willing to work long hours / nights and weekends while building a clientele in order to make a desired income.
Special points of interest:
- The work can be physically demanding because of long hours of standing with hands at shoulder level or sitting for long periods of time.
- Exposure to various chemicals which may cause allergic reactions
- Salaries vary considerably, depending on experience, location, and area of expertise
- It is essential to practice safety and sanitation for effective and successful performance within the industry.
Methods of Compensation
Methods of compensation vary and may include straight salary, salary + commission, straight commission, sliding scale commission, retail commission, or independent contracting (renting space and equipment from an existing salon; laws vary from state to state).
Average income including tips is $30,000–48,000 per year. In this industry, the sky is the limit, With hard work, talent, and dedication, you can make your desired income!
Upon completion of your program you will earn a diploma and certification to sit for the state board license exam. As part of the application process you must answer background questions that may require certified copies of documentation to be submitted. The Applicant must also provide an official criminal History Record Information Check from the State Police or Other State Agency. For more information, please visit www.pearsonvue.com/pa/cosmetology.